Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Dyno for Drag 3

  1. #11
    Inactive Member GSR-98's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2000
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I would like to know what can i expect from a
    7psi turbo kits?

    for now, i only have a PRM cold air intake ,2" drop, 205/45ZR16 tires...

    0-60feet 2.350, ET: [email protected]

    do you think i can get in the 13.9?? @100+mph with street tires?

  2. #12
    HaVoK
    Guest HaVoK's Avatar

    Post

    You probably could. MarkC was running about 7psi when he got ran that 13.8 @ 107mph.

    ------------------
    94 GSR turbo....Drag Gen 3

  3. #13
    MarkC
    Guest MarkC's Avatar

    Red face

    I'm embarrassed to report my 60' times. There were in the 2.6-sec. range. redface Thinking about a twin-turbo setup for the LS1 Kevin? wink

    You know what tho? I see the dyno operators stopped sampling well before redline. Closer to 7600RPM it looks like. DRAG Turbo B18C's don't peak at 7600RPM. They keep making power all the way to the rev-limiter. If they would have kept into it all the way, you would have eclipsed 255hp HaVoK. Look at the slope of the hp line! you would have shown 10-15 more hp!

    ------------------
    Mark - Darth Boost - Turbo Mafia
    98 Pearl Black GS-R, DRAG Gen. 3 Turbo
    13.8 at 107MPH (Ugh... street tires)

  4. #14
    1fstGSR
    Guest 1fstGSR's Avatar

    Post

    Well that is not how they set mine up. They asked what the redline was and input into the setup parameters. So when the Motor cuts out, that is the redline, not what is shown on the chart. The Dynojet doesn't stop the wheels from turning at that point. Only after you let off the throttle and have spun down a bit do they apply the drum brake.
    Will

  5. #15
    Silvino
    Guest Silvino's Avatar

    Post

    The LS1 is rated at 305 at the crank, not at the wheels. With Kevins near 300 at the wheels, I'm sure he's doing 320 or more at the crank. I'm sure if he put a catback and a whisper lid with K&N filer he's be pulling even more power with those simple changes.


    ------------------
    Silvino Orozco
    '97 Integra GS-R w/JRSC,JR Fuel pump, AEM Cold Air Intake, Powerstop rotors/Axxis Metal Master brake pads, A'PEXi Dunk Exhaust, J&S Safeguard unit


  6. #16
    Inactive Member hybridturboGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2000
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    if only my integra had 300 something lbs of torque .. hehehe .. got to give it up to the domestics when they deserve it ...

    wonder what the mileage is on those LS1's .. what would you guys rather have? the mileage or the torque...hmmmmm

    ------------------
    turbob18C'd firstgenGSR

  7. #17
    1fstGSR
    Guest 1fstGSR's Avatar

    Post

    How about 230 ft/lbs to the wheels smile
    hehehe

    ------------------
    13.24 on a smokin' motor can't be bad!?!



  8. #18
    Inactive Member hybridturboGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2000
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    300 bone stock still sounds better =)

    guess we could never use that much torque anyways come to think of it .. i have enough traction problems with just the torque from my 10psi

    ------------------
    turbob18C'd firstgenGSR

  9. #19
    Inactive Member cq's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 1999
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i am also another person with a DRAG Gen3 kit that ran 13s on street tires. my times were:

    13.8@103 mph
    on 205/45/16in Dunlop W10s
    @ 7 psi

    a little food for thought..

    ------------------
    1996 Acura Integra GS-R-T
    Dormant for the time being, being prepared to boost 10 psi daily....

  10. #20
    Kevin
    Guest Kevin's Avatar

    Post

    Hehe, ya know what else is scary? I found out the my car has a 115 mph speed governor on it due to the fact that I ordered the car with 235 touring tires, not the optional 245 Z-rated tires. When I dynoed the car, I actually hit the governor before we could get a full run. My car is actually making more power than 296. My dyno operator commented that I should pull over 300hp to the wheels once I remove the limiter.

    Luckily, removing the governors and rev limiters on these cars is VERY easy. All you need is a little handheld hypertech programmer that has the ability to change all such of perameters on your ECU.

    The other kicker is that at the time of the testing, my car wasn't even fully broken in yet. It only had 1800 miles on the odometer! I am told these engines don't see their full potential until 5000-10000 miles.

    I betcha, when all is said and done I will be putting out 305-310rwhp!

    As of right now, assuming a 15% driveline loss, i am making about 340hp and 360ft/lbs at the crank! Woah Nellie!

    Hey Mark, I still have my old slicks sitting in my garage if you want them. They aren't doing me any good, just taking up space. I bet you would run 12's with those bad boys on your car.

    ------------------
    1998 GSR(sold)
    14.059 @ 99.37
    2000 LS1 Z28
    -dynoed(stock) 296.3hp & 314.3ft/lbs to the wheels
    www.geocities.com/motorcity/lane/4603


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •